My Current Creations
Juried Fine Art Show
Encore! Mt. Morris Art Show
August 2-27, 2023
Old Sandstone Gallery
Historic Mt. Morris Campus
122 S Wesley Ave.
Mt. Morris IL
and On-Line Registration
Below on This Page
Credit: “Decker’s Drugs,” Craig Carpenter, Oregon IL, watercolor
Small Town Livin'
Theme Fine Art Show
Seventeen Artists on Display
Encore’s fourth gallery show of the 2022 season, original art work in any medium, reflecting a “small town livin’ ” theme. This might include historic downtown images of a favorite small town, landmarks, vintage or current lifestyle/activities, festivals, etc. Artists submitted up to 3 images of their original works for consideration.
Encore! Mt. Morris, a cultural initiative of the Mt. Morris Economic Development Corp, with the goal of developing Mt. Morris into a unique, thriving, rural and cultural arts destination in northwest Illinois, focused on visual, performing and culinary arts. Show will be held on the Mt. Morris Campus in the Old Sandstone Gallery, 122 S Wesley Ave, Mt. Morris, IL
My Current Creations
Juried Fine Art Show
Host: Encore! Mt. Morris, a cultural initiative of the Mt. Morris Economic Development Corp, with the goal of developing Mt. Morris into a unique, thriving, rural and cultural arts destination in northwest Illinois, focuses on visual, performing and culinary arts. This show will be held on the Mt. Morris Campus in the Old Sandstone Gallery, 122 S Wesley Ave, Mt. Morris, IL
Call for entries: Encore’s third gallery show of the 2023 season, original art work in any medium of your choice. Artists may submit up to 3 images of their original works for consideration. Accepted art works must be the same item(s) that are displayed in the show (no substitutions). Artists must be 18 years old or older. Only those images received by the deadline (July 17) will be considered. Prizes will be awarded.
Specifications for gallery art pieces: 2D format: Maximum size: 48” x 48”; minimum framed size: 8 x 10”; weight: <40 pounds; frames: wired for hanging; no warped, dirty or damaged frames please. 3D format: Contact us with your questions about very large works. We have display space for most sizes.
Publicity: Encore! Mt. Morris reserves the right to photograph all exhibited work for publicity purposes.
Sales: Art works may be available for sale during the exhibition. Please note that Encore! Mt. Morris retains a 30% commission on all art sales to cover Gallery expenses. Prices may not be changed after submission. Payment for sold art work will be issued within 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
How to enter: Submit an application and images of your art pieces either online or in print.
• Complete the Artist Application at EncoreMtMorris.com; click on Art Show App button.
• Email JPEG-only images of up to 3 pieces you wish to have considered for the show to entry@EncoreMtMorris.com Each file name should be: last name__first name__your image title.jpeg
• Pay the entry fee of $20 for 1-3 images by mailing a check to Encore! Mt. Morris, 105 W Lincoln St, Mt. Morris IL 61054 and put “August 2023 Art Show” on the memo line.
• Complete the Artist Application included in the last page of this document.
• Include a 4x6 photo of each gallery art piece you want us to consider for the show. Write your name and title of the piece on the back of the photo. These photos will not be returned.
• Pay the entry fee of $20. Fee must be paid at the time of the application. Make a check out to Encore! Mt. Morris and put “August 2023 Art Show” on the memo line.
• Mail the packet to Encore!, c/o August Fine Art Show, 105 W Lincoln St., Mt Morris, IL 61054.
July 17: Deadline for receipt of entries (postmarks or dated online submission)
July 18: Selection of art works and artists notified via email.
July 22: Deadline for receipt of all artist agreements and requested materials (artist bio, artist statement or description of the artistic process used to create the work(s), artist photo, consignment record of submitted pieces)
July 31-Aug 1: Art work installed in Gallery (Aug 2 soft opening)
August 2 - 27: Exhibition dates
August 4th: Opening reception (artists invited), 6:30-9:00pm
August 27: Pickup of unsold work at the end of the afternoon or August 28, 10am-12:00pm. Any work not picked up within 10 days will become the property of Encore! Mt. Morris.
September 27: Payment for all sold works will be sent to artists by this date, at the latest.
Contact us with your questions.